Saturday, March 5, 2011

Here We Go...

This my first attempt at a blog so I hope y'all will be kind and not expect too much to start with.  I hope the ride won't be too bumpy but I do hope you'll come along with me as I explore the world from my kitchen.  I chose the title of my blog, "Fear No Food!", because of experiences talking to a factory rep that stopped by my office regularly.  He was one of those people that are somewhat fearful of trying new foods.  While I was happy experimenting with Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese), Indian, Thai and others, he was content with maybe trying another style of BBQ.  While discussing foods with him and my boss one day about ten years ago, in a moment of rare inspiration I declared to him, "I fear no food!".  That thought has stuck with me over the years and I'm still willing to try new cuisines from around the world and to try cooking those that interest me as well as just becoming a good 'ole Southern country cook.  This is the foundation of this blog: a willingness to explore and learn.  

1 comment:

  1. tarzan!!!!!!! good job on the blog, ill be lookin forward to what you have to say sir :)

    ReplyDelete